Sunday, January 31, 2010


This must be my week for giraffes. I finished the giraffe mural picture and now I have just found out about an amazing project involving giraffes. It seems that someone named Ola Helland bet his friend that he could collect one million hand made giraffes by 2011. Anyone and everyone can send in one or more giraffes to his web site: www.onemilliongiraffes.com. The giraffes can be drawn, painted, sculpted out of any material (there is one sculpted out of a banana). The only caveat is that it has to be a hand made giraffe.....nothing store-bought or computer-generated. I took a copy of the giraffe I just finished and did a little embellishing on it and then sent it along to Ola in Norway. As Ola says on his website "turn off the TV and draw a giraffe." Even if you don't send one in, at least go on to the website and take a look at all the gorgeous, funny, creative, inventive giraffes (he has collected over 500,000 so far) that are posted there.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great should I send in one of the tiles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah....you can take a picture of it and upload that to his site. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete