Friday, February 5, 2010

The Safari House alligator table






We are finished for a while in the Safari house. The project is not completed, but we have some other things to get to. I thought I would post a few pictures of the things that we (and our friend Greg) have been doing there. The first picture is of the family room. I painted the mural of the homeowner with two elephants beside her and Tony and I plastered and glazed all of the walls in this room, the hall and the kitchen.

The second picture is also of the family room, but shows the Rhino mounted over the fireplace. Tony and I sculpted all of the stone ledges that are in the family room and kitchen, including the one that you see here.

The third photo is one I took of the family room while I was on a 16' high scaffold in the kitchen.

The fourth picture is of the "roots" in the sun room, just off the kitchen.

The final picture is of the dining room table (in process). Our friend, Greg, sculpted this alligator table. There is a huge glass table top that sits on the alligator's back and stools that slot into armatures under each leg. I might be wrong, but I don't think there's another dining table in the world like this one. I told Greg, though, that no man I know is ever going to sit at the "business end" of that alligator.

1 comment: